After contemplating for months, I’m happy to announce that I FINALLY signed up for ipsy! I’ve been forced to cancel so many monthly beauty subscriptions in the past because I would get products I just didn’t like and wound up never using. I’ve been following ipsy closely and have been keeping up with the last few bags. So far I’ve liked what I’ve seen. This will be my fourth monthly beauty subscription so fingers crossed that this one sticks! So what’s ipsy? Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products for only $10 a month.
This month’s ipsy theme was: Sensationally Sunkissed! Here’s what I got in this month’s bag:
– Pixi Beauty Mini Tinted Brilliance Balm: I really love twist-up crayon style lip balms/lip sticks (you know what I mean) so I was very happy to receive this item! I got the color ‘Pretty Pink’ and at first I thought the pink shade was too loud but after applying it, it actually blends very well with my lip color!
– POP Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer: I’m usually not a bronzer kind of girl but I’ve wanted to start giving bronzers a try so I’m happy I got one to test try before fully committing to any particular bronzer.
– bareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow Broad Spectrum SPF 15: I was so happy to get this product. Next to Bobbi Brown, bareMinerals is my go to makeup brand. I’ve been on the look out for a good cream eyeshadow for a while and I think I’ve finally found it! I love how it brightens my eyes. I also love how, unlike most eyeshadows, you don’t need a brush or anything to apply and set it.
– Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil SPF 08: This was the most disappointing of the five items. I’m naturally very tan and even though I do get a little darker in the summers, it’s because I tan naturally. I do have a few friends who like to go to the beach (and even tanning salons) to tan so I’m most likely going to pass this along to them.
– Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray Conditioning & Texturizing Spray: This was my absolute FAVORITE product! It left my hair feeling super light and looking healthy! I love hair styling products. If there was a monthly beauty subscription dedicated exclusively to hair sprays and styling products I would definitely subscribe!
Verdict: The retail value (full sized samples) of this bag would have been $74, which makes this $10 subscription MORE than worth it (even though I wasn’t too happy about the tanning oil)!
What did you get in your Glam Bag? Not an ipsy subscriber? You can sign up HERE!