In case you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m OBSESSED with monthly subscription boxes, especially makeup based ones! I love getting to try new products (especially expensive products because I don’t want to have to pay an arm and a leg and then wind up never using them again!) After hearing nothing but RAVING reviews, I decided to finally give Beauty Box 5 a try! Beauty Box 5 is a subscription-based, beauty sampling service that delivers 5 deluxe samples and full-sized products right to your door every month. Every month you’ll receive a mix of makeup, beauty accessories, hair, skincare, fragrance, body, and nail products (loving the variety!) Whether you’re a cosmetic newbie (raises hand!) or a beauty guru, Beauty Box 5 is every makeup lovers dream!
August’s Beauty Box 5 consisted of: (from left to right)
1. Novex Brazilian Keratin (Retail Value: $19.50) This is the third subscription box where I’ve received this particular product (and I can see why it’s so popular!) This deep hair care conditioning treatment is the perfect tool for restoring shine and smoothness to your hair (well, at least for my hair, all hair is different!) If you’re a fellow curly haired girl, I HIGHLY recommend giving Novex Brazilian Keratin a try!
2. Purlisse Pur~Protect SPF 30 (Retail Value: $55) I’ve been wanting to try Purlisse SPF FOREVER! I’ve recently been on the lookout for a new SPF 30 since my old brand (I won’t name any names) failed me this summer. In fact, I’ve been using my Purlisse Pur~Protect SPF 30 so much that I’ve almost run out of it! Anyone want to lend me $55 so I can get some more (seriously it’s the BEST daily moisturizer with SPF I’ve ever used.)
3. Style Essentials Nail polish (Retail Value: $7) I love nail polish (although I’m terrible at painting my nails) so I was super excited to get Style Essentials Nail polish. The polish I received was a white confetti like polish, which compliments every shade perfectly! I used it to paint over my dark blue nails and it came out great (I’m huge fan of adding confetti or glitter colors to my nails!)
4. La Fresh Travel Lite Facial Cleansing Wipes (Retail Value: $19.99) These cleansing wipes are the perfect size for any girl on the go! I love that I can throw them in my purse on the way to work or throw them in my carry on before a big trip. I’ve got four big trips coming up fall so I’d like to thank Beauty Box 5 for my new travel companion!
5. Nanacoco Lip Gloss (Retail Value: $3.99) I’m more of a fan of using chubby sticks/lip balm than actual lip gloss but I have been trying to make the leap to lip gloss. What I don’t like about some lip glosses is the sticky feeling it leaves on my lips but with Nanacoco that isn’t the case! My lip were left feeling super soft and looking amazing. I can’t believe this lip gloss is only $4. Then again, just because something is ‘brand name’ or super expensive doesn’t always mean it’s the most effective product! Thanks for teaching me that Beauty Box 5!