This month has been a little hectic to say the least. Between working, blogging (which I also consider to be ‘working’) and freelancing (which is also working), it seems like I’ve constantly been, well, working. I’ve never been a ‘9 to 5’ kind of girl, so I’m very blessed to be working in the field I am. As a social media manger (for two different businesses), blogger and freelance writer (for four different sites), I have the ability to not only be creative in my work but to basically do what I love (which is to write) and get paid for it (talk about a dream job!) It’s sometimes hard to explain to people (even my own friends) what exactly my “job” is because they don’t understand that there are jobs other than ‘working in an office.’ I love that there’s been a rise of ‘creative’ and fun jobs lately like Youtube Vlogger, bloggers, Viners, social media managers, designers, and all types of entrepreneurs! My advice is, if there’s not a job out there for you, create your own job! It be hard at times (especially in the beginning) and you have to understand that no one makes a lot of money right away, but if you’re passionate about what you’re doing, then the pure joy you get from working will make you feel like the richest person alive!
Here’s what I’ve been up to this month:
1. Sprinkles Cupcakes ATM. I used to be a HUGE cupcake lover but lately, I’ve noticed I just don’t have a taste for them anymore. Although once in a while, I do like to run to the Sprinkles ATM for a lemon cupcake!
2. Furniture Shopping. If you’ve been following this blog (or my Twitter/Instagram) for a while you probably now that I’m in the process of moving into my first apartment! I have it narrowed down to two neighborhood’s and the apartments I’m looking at are both perfect for me (and they get major bonus points for allowing animals!) Looking at different furniture stores is really getting my excited about this new big step and adventure into adulthood!
3. Great American Bacon Festival. I was invited by my pals at Red Frog Events to attend the first ever Great American Bacon Festival! It was so much fun! I never knew that there could be so many great bacon themed dishes! My favorites were the bacon brownies and bacon chili (I think I went into a little bacon coma after the event was over!)
4.Vinyl Hunting. Since my last Vinyl Hunt post, I’m gone to several record stores and gotten about ten new records (I always forget to take pictures/post my vinyl hunts, whoops!) Some of my favorite new records are Carol King (I get to listen to the Gilmore Girls theme song all day,) The Beach Boys Greatest Hits, and Coldplay A Rush of Blood to the Head.
5. iPhone 6. My sister and I went to Apple and our local AT&T and they were BOTH out of the iPhone 6! I guess we’ll have to wait a few weeks (I hope they come fast because my 5s has been acting up lately!)
6. Tree Hugger. Chicago is filled with so many interesting things! The other day while I was out exploring, I found this cool sculpture.
7. Blind Boxes Galore! I probably have 30 Blind Boxes pilled up all ready to open! Earlier today I uploaded my latest Blind Box & Bag post so make sure to check it out HERE!
8. P.F. Chang’s. Ever since I partnered with P.F. Chang’s earlier this summer, it’s become one of my favorite restaurants. I don’t eat at chain restaurants that much anymore but when I do, it’s mostly P.F. Chang’s.
9. Street Art. The city of Chicago is bursting with so much artwork! One of my favorite things is wondering the city in search of new street art!