I can’t believe that Christmas is only three days away! I’ve spent the last few weeks getting my fill on my favorite Christmas films. I just love Christmas movies so much. They always fill me with glee and no matter how many times I watch them, they always leave a smile on my face. Although I could name dozens of amazing holiday films, here are the ten Christmas movies that are most dear to my heart:
1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I can’t wait to celebrate ‘Grinchmas’ later this week at Universal Studios. Dr. Seuss is one of my favorite authors and his work is what inspired me to go into writing. I love both the animated and live action versions of this iconic Christmas tale.
2. Love Actually. Not only is this my FAVORITE Christmas film, this is one of my all-time favorite movies. “Love Actually” is one of those rare Christmas movies I can watch year round.
3. The Year Without a Santa Claus. Heat Mister & Snow Mister are two of my favorite Christmas characters! Plus, I’m a sucker for classic claymation Christmas specials!
4. Santa Claus is Coming to Town. ‘Put one foot in front of the other…’ Who could forget this amazing film! This film definitely features some of my favorite Christmas tunes.
5. Miracle on 34th Street. This movie is the reason I still believe in old Saint Nick (seriously, Santa is REAL, trust me!)
6. Olive the Other Reindeer. This film is a prime example of what a genius Matt Groening is! Also, who could resist Drew Barrymore’s adorable voice? Christmas isn’t complete without watching this movie!
7. The Nightmare Before Christmas. This was one of the first movies I saw in theaters (I was only one so obviously I don’t remember it) and even though it came out in October and is technically a Halloween movie, it’s a Christmas movie in my eyes and I LOVE it!
8. A Christmas Story. This is my mom’s all-time favorite Christmas movie so it was constantly playing every holiday season at our house. Add in a 24 hour TBS annual marathon and you’ve got yourself a Christmas staple.
9. The Muppet Christmas Carol. Although I love almost every version of this Charles Dickens classic, my favorite adaptation has got to be The Muppets version. Who doesn’t love The Muppets?
10. The Santa Clause. I remember watching this movie every year in elementary school on the Friday before winter break. My favorite line will always be Little Elf Judy’s “Seeing isn’t believing. Believing is seeing.” Gosh, that quote always gets to me!
What’s your favorite Christmas film?