Nothing Compares to You – Sinead O’Connor // What is Love – Haddaway // Video Killed the Radio Star – Buggles // It’s Raining Men – The Weather Girls // Never Had A Dream Come True – S Club 7 // Tubthumping – Chumbawamba // I’ll Be There for You – The Rembrandts // Whip It – Devo // Don’t Worry Be Happy – Bobby McFerrin
Now time for a few fun facts:
• Video Killed the Radio Star. My senior year of college (I can’t believe it’s been almost a year since I graduated) in my Mass Communications class we were learning about the birth of MTV and the music video, so of course we watched Video Killed the Radio Star. After watching it, a girl whispered “they stole the opening from Nicki Minaj’s Check it Out.” I was so disappointed in humanity that day!
• It’s Raining Men. I have this song (and its 1997 remake) to thank for introducing me to the FABULOUS RuPaul (yes, I’ve been a Ru fan since I was five years old!)
• Never Had A Dream Come True. I LOVE S Club 7! I own all their albums, know the lyrics to every one of their songs and I was so mad when their TV show got cancelled! Even though they’re popular in other countries, it’s so sad they never caught on here!
• I’ll Be There for You. How could I not include the theme song to my favorite show of all time?!
• Don’t Worry Be Happy. I can’t listen to this song and NOT smile! What a great motto to live by. Once I decided to be happy and always think positive and see the silver lining, my life changed dramatically!
What’s your favorite one-hit wonder?
*Be sure to check out other Monday’s Music playlists HERE*