Now time for a few fun facts:
• Maybe I’m Amazed. Of all the Lollapalooza headliners this year, I’m definitely most excited to see Paul McCartney! I mean, hello? It’s SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY?! If he performs this song this weekend, I seriously might die from happiness (and if he sings any Beatles songs, it will definitely make my year!)
• Our Own House. I think MisterWives deserves more credit for what a great band they are! They’re so fun. I can’t wait to hear them live!
• Crystals. Of Monsters and Men is one of my FAVORITE bands, in fact, their song Lakehouse (which is my FAVORITE song of theirs) appeared on the first ever Monday’s Music playlist back in 2014! Ever time they’ve come to Chicago, I’ve always been to busy to see them so I’m SO PUMPED to FINALLY see them this weekend!
• Never Let Me Go. I’ve been a HUGE Florence + the Machine fan since 2009! Florence Welch is truly an amazing artist and I can’t wait to finally get to hear her perform live (I almost saw her perform in 2011 but at the last minute I couldn’t make it to the show!)
• Hold On. There’s just something about the originality of Alabama Shakes that’s got me hooked!
• Saw You First. I LOVE GIVERS! One of my first Tumblr posts (back in 2010) was dedicated to my love for GIVERS! In that post I vowed that I would see them live one day and now it’s finally happening!
• Oh No! I love Marina & the Diamonds! Her song lyrics are always so smart (if that makes sense) and the songs themselves are always super catchy. My favorite song Primadonna was featured back in June 2014 on Monday’s Music 05!
• Latch (Acoustic Version.) It’s funny because I’m actually not a huge Sam Smith fan but I can’t deny that is voice is AMAZING! I love acoustic versions of his songs.
• Tightrope. I’ve liked WALK THE MOON for a few years now but I’m the first to admit that I am so TIRED of hearing Shut up and Dance on the radio! I hope they play some of their older songs and not just songs from their Talking Is Hard album.
*Be sure to check out other Monday’s Music playlists HERE*