When you think of your “perfect mate” who comes to mind? Your current partner, a celebrity, your best friend, a character from your favorite TV show or movie? For me, I can never think of a certain person (although Tom Hiddleston does come to mind.) Instead, whenever I think of my perfect partner, I think of certain qualities/traits that I’d want them to possess. I’ve never been the kind of girl who got wrapped up in wanting a boyfriend with brown hair or green eyes or someone who is super tall. For me, it’s always been about personality (because let’s face it, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.) I know a lot of people (some of my friends included, unfortunately) who would rather settle for anyone just so they don’t have to be single. Which leads me to ask, what’s so wrong with being single? Nevertheless, here are six qualities my ideal partner would possess:
• Disney Lover. If you couldn’t already tell from my many Disney World and Disneyland posts (and the fact that I have a Disney trip planned every month until May 2016) I LOVE Disney! My ideal partner doesn’t have to big Disney fanatic (like myself) but he at least has to like/appreciate Disney (and come to terms with the fact that we’ll be spending a lot of time visiting Disney!)
• Accept My (Many) Quirks. I’ll admit it, I might not be everyone’s cup of tea. I’m a 23 year-old girl who LOVES Disney, collects toys (among other things), (happily) watches cartoons, prefers to stay in or go to a museum rather than go to a bar/club and doesn’t care who knows! If my mate can accept and embrace all of those things, he’s a keeper!
• Have Ambition! There’s NOTHING worst than someone who doesn’t have drive/ambition!
• Quick Wit/Great Sense of Humor. Laughter’s the best medicine, am I right?
• Be a Fan of Dogs. I pride myself on being an animal lover. I regularly volunteer at several animals shelters in Chicago and I even sponsor a tiger at my zoo! My ideal mate doesn’t have to do regular animal volunteer work but he MUST enjoy the company of dogs (since I have a dog and plan on adopting more down the road!)
• Old School Romantic. Gone are the days of hand written letters, actual ‘dates’ and romance (okay, that’s not entirely true but you know what I mean.) My ideal mate has got to know that, for me, chivalry isn’t dead!
Speaking of ideal partners, have you checked out MTV’s Are You The One? (if you haven’t, make sure to check out the first episode here!) Trust me, it’s not your average reality show. In this dating series, 20 single men and women try to find their perfect mates using a dating algorithm that helps quantify compatibility, using a process that includes in-depth interviews, questionnaires and compatibility testing (sounds interesting, right?) The best part about the show? The contestants don’t know who they’ve been matched with (that’s right, the results are kept secret!) Instead, they must get to know one another socially and undergo weekly tests to try to pick their ideal mates all while living together in Hawaii (insert dramatic music!) Now, I know what you’re thinking, “Hawaii? That sounds awesome!” Well I’ve good some great news for you: YOU CAN WIN A TRIP TO HAWAII!
You can actively participate in a guessing game alongside the cast by answering questions throughout the show! The game will feature questions such as “Are Amanda and Connor a perfect match?” or “How many perfect matches will they get?” Answers will be revealed later on in the episode, and if you guess correctly, you get points! Make sure to tune in on Wednesdays at 10/9c on MTV, and keep participating in order to nab first place! You will also be prompted to share exclusive “AYTO” GIFs and memes across your social media accounts, which will also rack up mad points. The No. 1 finisher at the end of each episode — one for the East Coast airing and one for the West Coast — will be entered to walk away with a TRIP FOR TWO TO HAWAII. There are 10 episodes, so that’s, like, a 1/20 shot at your dream vacay. (Sign me up please!)
What are some of the qualities of your partner/ideal partner? Make sure to check out Are You The One? Wednesdays at 10/9c on MTV.