Happy Monday (and Chinese New Year) and welcome to another edition of Monday’s Music. Since I’m heading to Disneyland later this week (I can’t wait to experience Valentine’s Day at the Disney Parks), I’ve dedicated to have a ‘Disney week’ here on the blog. Meaning, all of the posts this week will have a Disney theme to them (how fun!) Since it’s Disney week here on Simply Sinova, I thought this would be the perfect time to continue on with my Disney playlists (I’ve had a BLAST putting them together so far!) Although, I’ve decided to shake things up a bit and do a Pixar Playlist this time around. I LOVE Pixar! Pixar was a HUGE part of my childhood. I VIVIDLY remember seeing Toy Story, A Bug’s Life (my FAVORITE Pixar film) and Monsters Inc. OPENING DAY in theaters and from then on, I was hooked! Married Life – Up // The Time of Your Life – A Bug’s Life // Le Festin – Ratatouille // When She Loved Me – Toy Story 2 // Touch The Sky – Brave // If I Didn’t Have You – Monster’s Inc // The Incredits – The Incredibles // Down To Earth – WALL-E // You’ve Got A Friend In Me – Toy Story
For reference, this list can contain songs from any of the 16 Pixar films made before 2016. Meaning, this list could include songs from any of the following films: Toy Story, A Bug’s Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, WALL-E, Up, Toy Story 3, Cars 2, Brave, Monsters University, Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur. Now time for a few fun facts:
• Married Life. I am in LOVE with this song. No seriously, I play this song at least once a day. It just makes me so happy (and then incredibly sad when I think about the end of Ellie and Carl’s relationship.)
• The Time of Your Life. A Bug’s Life is my all-time FAVORITE Pixar film. It’s so unfortunate how underrated this film is (I know so many people who have NEVER seen it?! How is that possible?)
• Le Festin. This song from Ratatouille (another criminally underrated Pixar film in my opinion) never fails to put a smile on my face. I can’t wait to visit Disneyland Paris (in TWO MONTHS) so I can ride the Ratatouille ride (I hear it’s awesome!)
• When She Loved Me. If this iconic scene from Toy Story 2 doesn’t bring you to tears (or at least close to tears), you’re dead inside!
• Touch The Sky. This song INSTANTLY takes me back to the summer of 2012 (when Brave was released) when I worked at a movie theater (best summer job ever!) It was so awesome working at a movie theater because I got to see free movies all the time (I legit saw The Avengers 10 times!)
• Down To Earth. Who doesn’t LOVE WALL-E?!
• You’ve Got A Friend In Me. It couldn’t be a Pixar Playlist without this classic tune!
What’s your favorite Pixar song?
*Be sure to check out other Monday’s Music playlists HERE*