Thank you Cottonelle® for sponsoring this post. Stay clean and confident while you rock out with Cottonelle® with CleanRipple® Texture at Lollapalloza in Chicago!
I can’t believe Lollapalooza is only TWO days away! Although I’ve been going to Lolla after shows for almost four years now, this year will be my second time attending the entire festival. Even though I’m always excited when Lollapalooza comes to town, this year my excitement level is through the roof! Since this year is Lollapalooza’s 25th anniversary, the festival is going to be held for FOUR days instead of three (an extra day of Lolla?! YES PLEASE!). There are a TON of amazing artists performing this year but I’m most excited to see Lana Del Rey (this will be my third time seeing her live), the 1975, Ellie Goulding, Bastille, Melanie Martinez (I love her SO much), M83, Alessia Cara, Miike Snow, HAIM, Jack Garratt, Halsey and Two Door Cinema Club (to name a few!). Over the years, I’ve definitely picked up a few tricks and tips that have helped my overall Lolla experience. Here are my ten tips for surviving Lollapalooza weekend:
1. Get There Early! Thousands of people all trying to enter an event at the same time + limited security lines, you do the math. It’s best to arrive at Lolla at least an hour before the artist/set you want to see performs so you can have enough time to get through security, navigate through the park and get a good viewing spot.
2. Stay Hydrated. Although it’s (thankfully) going to be in the 80s this weekend during Lollapalooza, you’re still going to be standing in the hot sun for hours. You’re allowed to bring two unopened water bottles to Lolla (there are free refill stations located throughout the park), so pack wisely. If you’re into traveling light, you can purchase water all throughout the park (and it even comes in cutely Lollapalooza designed cans!).
3. Be Prepared for Everything. Last Sunday I saw my FAVORITE band Coldplay (it was seriously one of the best concerts I’ve ever been too) and it literally rained for the first hour and a half of the concert. Due to the weather, both of the opening acts (Foxes and Alessia Cara) had to be cancelled. Although the concert was AMAZING, I wish I had prepared for the rain. Supposedly, it’s also going to be raining the weekend of Lolla so I definitely have to be prepared this time because Lolla, like most music festivals, will go on rain or shine. Look’s like I’ll be packing my rain poncho now!
4. Make Plans Attend Of Time. Regardless if this is your first or tenth time attending Lolla, it’s always important to go into the festival with some sort of game plan. You can download the Lolla app and make a custom schedule of the artists you plan on seeing, check the lineup, view food vendors and get a map of the park.
5. Discover New Artists. Sure, it’s fun seeing some of your favorite artists perform live but it’s also fun to discover new artists. If you’ve got a few hours in-between sets, don’t be afraid to go check out a few artists you’ve never listened to before. Who knows, they might become your new favorite artist!
6. Stay Juiced! Although there are charing stations a Lolla, there are a limited number of them and there are often lines of people waiting to use them. I carry around my portable phone charger everywhere I go (since I use my phone so much for work and blogging when I’m on the go.) A lot of people like to live tweet, record performances or post Instagram pictures throughout music festivals. Having a portable charger allows you to be as active as you want on social media without having to worry about your phone dying.
7. Be Present. While I don’t suggest spending lots of time on your phone (you should live in the moment and enjoy the festival for all it’s worth,) snapping a few photos here or there for memories’ sake is always fun! What’s the point of being at Lollapalooza if you’re spending most of it on your phone the whole time anyway? LIVE IN THE NOW!
8. Good Hygiene = Good Times. Let’s face it, when you gotta go, you gotta go. Unfortunately, that means facing the dreaded porta potty. Fortunately, Cottonelle® with CleanRipple® Texture is here too help! Cottonelle® with CleanRipple® Texture is designed to clean better, so you’re clean & confident enough to go commando. Cottonelle® with CleanRipple® Texture keeps you clean so you can rock out confidently this summer. Pack a few of these bad boys in your purse and you’ll be good to go all Lolla weekend (trust me, your bum will thank me!).
9. Get Some Sleep. Trust me, a good night’s sleep is VITAL for surviving four straight days of Lollapalooza.
10. Have Fun and Be Safe! This one should be a no brainer but Lollapalooza is all about having fun so don’t forget to make the most of the entire experience (but make sure to be safe, of course!).
Can’t get enough of music festivals? Enter the Cottonelle® sweepstakes for a chance to win an all-inclusive trip (yes, you read that right) to the Wanderlust 108 Festival in Miami on October 22.
Speaking of music festivals, enter below for a chance to win Giuliana Rancic’s festival must-haves bundle which includes: Cottonelle® Flushable Cleansing Cloths with CleanRipple® Texture, a floppy hat, makeup setting spray, tinted moisturizer and moleskin!
The Cottonelle® “Festival Must Haves” Reader Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) starts at 12:01 a.m. EST on July 25, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on August 8, 2016 (the “Entry Period”).
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.*