Happy Monday and welcome to another edition of Monday’s Music! I’m so EXCITED because this weekend (Sunday) I’m seeing my FAVORITE band, Coldplay, in concert! Words can’t describe how happy I am. Coldplay has been my favorite band since I was seven years old (so we’re talking about a seventeen year commitment here!). Since I’m (FINALLY) seeing Coldplay this weekend, I thought it would be fun to share my “Ultimate Coldplay Playlist!” This “Ultimate Coldplay Playlist” consists of 27 of my pesonal favorite Coldplay songs but if I’m being honest, EVERY song from Parachutes, A Rush of Blood to the Head, X&Y, Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends and Mylo Xyloto is AMAZING (no offense Ghost Stories or A Head Full of Dreams but you were kind of slacking!).These 27 songs are a MUST for any Coldplay playlist! Now time for a few fun facts:
• Swallowed in the Sea. Not only is this my favorite Coldplay song but it’s also my favorite song of all-time. I can’t even explain why I like it so much but this song just means so much to me. It’s gotten me through some rough times that’s for sure!
• Charlie Brown. I can’t hear this song and NOT start dancing!
• Don’t Panic. I’ve said this on the blog before but Garden State has one of the BEST soundtracks ever!
• Yellow. When I first heard this song (back when I was only eight years old), I immediately thought “this song is going to be in my wedding someday!”
• Clocks. I used to be able to play the first few chords of this song on the piano (side note: I REALLY wish I knew how to play the piano. It seems like a cook skill to have!).
• Life in Technicolor ii. This is one of my favorite Coldplay songs! It just makes me so happy!
• Postcards From Far Away. This is another one of those songs that makes me wish I knew how to play the piano (I guess it’s never to late to start taking lessons?).
• Speed of Sound. I’ve talked about this on the blog before too but this song ALWAYS reminds me of Disney World because when the X&Y album first came out, my sister and I immediately bought it from the Virgin Megastore at Downtown Disney (remember that!?) and played it on repeat our whole trip.
• Sparks. This is another one of those songs that just makes me happy whenever I hear it!
Any Fellow Coldplay fans out there? What’s your favorite Coldplay song? You can stay up to date with Coldplay’s latest tour and concerts at Main Event Specials!
*Be sure to check out other Monday’s Music playlists HERE*