Happy Friday and welcome to the latest installment of my 12 Months of Happiness series! I know I usually post my 12 Month of Happiness posts on the last day of the month (which would be Monday) but since I’ll be spending Halloween in the Bahamas (I can’t wait), I’ve decided to post a little earlier this month (and the month is basically over anyway so I thought “why not?”). Speaking of the Bahamas, I leave for Florida TOMORROW and my cruise to the Bahamas departs on Sunday! I’m a little nervous because this is my first cruise but I’m also super excited for this new adventure (and all the memories I’m going to make)! Here are some of the things that made October an amazing month (Don’t forget to comment down below how your October went and what things made you smile this month! I LOVE hearing from you guys about what makes you happy!): Last week a new night-time Halloween event called Night of 1,000 Jack-o’-Lanterns debuted at the Chicago Botanic Garden last night and of course I had to go check it out! During Night of 1,000 Jack-o’-Lanterns, more than 1,000 hand-carved pumpkins—some as large as 150 pounds—light up the night at the Chicago Botanic Garden! You can check out my recap of Night of 1,000 Jack-o’-LanternsJack-O-Latern here!
I absolutely love the Disney Parks during the holidays (especially during Halloween time!). Halloween time at Disneyland means plenty of gorgeous Halloween decorations, yummy seasonal treats and the return of Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy! What’s not to love about that? I had a BLAST at Disneyland last weekend and I can’t wait to visit again in TWO WEEKS (can you tell how much I LOVE Disney?!).Last night I FINALLY got to cross Hamilton off my Broadway bucket list. All I can say is WOW, what an EXCELLENT show. If I had to describe Hamilton in one word it would be PERFECTION. I definitely have plans to go see it again (and then maybe a third time too!). It is an absolute MUST see so if you ever get the opportunity to go see it, SEE IT!
Here’s a few other things that made me happy in October:
- I got to see a sneak peek of Disney’s Moana at California Adventure and it looks so good!
- I participated in Disney Style’s #fallintodisneystyle Instagram challenge and it was so much fun. I discovered so many new fun Disney IG accounts to follow. I definitely want to participate in more monthly IG photo challenges in the future!
- I’m going to the Bahamas on Sunday (okay, technically this didn’t happen yet but I know it will make me happy and since it’s happening in October, I’m including it!).
- I bought the most adorable Chip’ n Dale slippers (and a new Chip n’ Dale phone case!).
- I finally got to build an Eevee at Build-a-Bear (I even got her a cute floral crown headband!).
- October means New York Comic Con! Although I didn’t get to attend NYCC 2016 (bummer, I know), I did attend NYCC 2015 and NYCC 2014! Hopefully I get to attend New York Comic Con 2017 because NYCC is always so much fun!
- This lovely fall weather!
- The Gilmore Girls: A Year In the Life official trailer was released and it was amazing! I’ve been a HUGE Gilmore Girls fan since 2000. Gilmore Girls was such a special part of my childhood and words can’t describe how excited am I am for this revival!