Happy Monday and welcome to another edition of Monday’s Music! It’s been forever since I’ve shared a Monday’s Music playlist so I thought “hey, there’s no time like the present!”. I always have such a blast sharing different playlists (I think my all-time favorites were my Disney Playlists) and hearing/reading about some of your favorite songs as well (don’t forget to comment down below some of your favorite workout tunes!). It’s such a fun way to discover new music! I was going through a few of my older Monday’s Music playlists and realized that around this time last year I shared my 2016 workout playlist. Although I still do listen to a lot of those songs (and they’re still on my jogging/workout playlist), I’ve updated that playlist quite a bit since then. Here are some of my favorite “current” (meaning these songs, with the expectation of the Hamilton soundtrack, were released this year) workout songs:
Now time for a few fun facts:
• There’s Nothing Holding Me Back. I’m not going to lie, I LOVE Shawn Mendes! All of his songs are so catchy and fun.
• Hamilton Soundtrack. You guys, I’m OBSESSED with Hamilton. In fact, I’m seeing it for the THIRD time next month! Honestly 90% of the time the only thing I listen to while I’m jogging is the Hamilton soundtrack (you know, since it’s so long!).
• Everyday. This song just makes me want to start dancing, it’s so catchy! Also, big props to Ariana Grande (and everyone else involved) for the One Love Manchester benefit concert yesterday. I had the chance to stream parts of it and it was truly amazing.
• That’s What I Like. I’m not going to lie, I’m not a huge fan of Bruno Mars. Don’t get me wrong, a lot (almost all) of his songs are super catchy but they’re just not my cup of tea (I swear if I hear 24K Magic on the radio one more time I might explode!). Although, for some odd reason I really do like That’s What I Like.
• I’m the One. Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper, Lil Wayne and Quavo all in one song? Yes please! This is one of my favorite songs at the moment. I always get super hyped up when it comes on while I’m jogging!
• Stay. I love Alessia Cara so much. Her voice is just so amazing! I’m so happy I got to see the end of her set at Lollapalooza last summer (speaking of Lollapalooza, I can’t wait for Lolla 2017!).
• Most Girls. When I first heard this song I really liked it but it wasn’t until I watched the music video that I truly fell in love with it! I’m all for songs that empower/help lift women up and promote #GirlPower! #TheFutureIsFemale!
What’s songs are on your jogging/workout playlist?
*Be sure to check out other Monday’s Music playlists HERE*