Happy Thursday and welcome to the latest installment of my 12 Months of Happiness series. I can’t believe tomorrow is December and that 2017 is coming to an end. Man did this year fly by! I’m SUPER excited because I have SO much planned for the next few weeks/end of the year! Tomorrow I’m heading to DC for the weekend and then I’m off to NYC for five days.
And to top that off, I’ll be spending the holidays/New Years Eve in Disney World (as per tradition) and then on January 2 I’ll be setting sail on my FIRST Disney cruise! Yup, I definitely plan on ending 2017 with a bang!
Here are some of the things that made November an amazing month: (Don’t forget to comment down below how your November went and what things made you smile this month! I LOVE hearing from you guys about what makes you happy!)
One of my favorite holidays traditions is attending The Magnificent Mile Lights Festival each November! The Magnificent Mile Lights Festival is an annual event celebrated in Chicago on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. There’s a ton of holiday themed floats, cool music and live performances and it’s basically Chicago’s way of kicking off the holiday season! Oh, and did I mention that every year the parade is lead by my pals Mickey and Minnie.
Visiting The Museum of Commentary Art, Chicago always puts a smile on my face but this month’s visit was particularly nice. I absolutely loved the new Backstroke of the West exhibit at The Museum of Contemporary Art. The exhibit was named after a mistranslation of Revenge of the Sith, which was used for a Chinese bootleg version of the film. Speaking of Star Wars, who else is coming down to The Last Jedi?
I spent the latter part of this month road tripping through the midwest! In 10 days I visited Champaign, IL, Milwaukee, WI, St. Louis, MO, Merrillville, IN, and Springfield, IL. Gosh I love traveling!
Here’s a few other things that made me happy in November:
- Celebrating my sister’s golden (29th) birthday yesterday.
- Seeing Pixar’s Coco (which was 10/10 AMAZING!).
- Taste testing this month’s Japan Candy Box.
- Having pre-Thanksgiving with my extended family (who I don’t see often).
- Thanksgiving (so much yummy food)!
- Decorating + prepping for the holidays.
- I spent Black Friday volunteering at my local animal shelter!
- I got a lot of Christmas shopping done on Small Business Saturday.
- I also got a lot of Christmas shopping done on Cyber Monday!
- The new Avengers: Infinity War trailer (I’m SO excited for this film!).