*Special thanks to The Libman Company for sponsoring today’s post! As always, all opinions are my own*
It’s that time of year again: Spring! Fun fact: I LOVE spring. Not only is it my birthday season (T-minus 15 days until my birthday) but it also just so happens to be my favorite season as well. Flowers start to bloom, the weather warms up. What’s not to love about spring?
I know a lot of people dread “spring cleaning” but I actually love it! I’m all about cleanliness and organization, so obviously spring cleaning is right up my alley. Although, ever since I adopted my dog Loki back in 2015, my spring cleaning work load has basically doubled. Having a dog can definitely increase the amount of work you need to do for spring cleaning, but don’t fret, I’m here to help!
Here are Five Spring Cleaning Tips For Dog Owners:
1. Use Dog-Friendly Cleaning Supplies. When picking out cleaning supplies, always make sure to not get anything that contains chemicals that could harm your dog in anyway.
2. Toss The Toys. Throw away any toys that are permanently soiled, damaged or that your pet no longer plays with.
3. Brighten Up Things With New Bedding. Chances are you wash your bedding often, but what about your dog’s blankets? This spring break, take the time to wash and freshen up your pooches bedding. Or, surprise your pup with new spring themed bedding. Loki loves his new multiple colored blanket.
4. Lint Rollers Are a MUST! Loki is Dachshund, Lab and Golden Retriever mix, so as you can imagine, he sheds A LOT. No seriously, I have to vacuum the carpet in my room almost every night just to get rid of all of his hair. (Luckily, my room is the only room in the house with carpeting and the rest of the house has hardwood floors!). I recently ditched the vacuum all together and now I use a lint roller to remove the hair on the carpet. It works like a DREAM!
5. Say Goodbye To Muddy Paw Stains. With spring comes extra rain. And with extra rain comes mud and muddy paws. One way to prevent muddy paw marks? Trim the fur around your dog’s paws regularly to ensure no mud gets clumped to their feet. Another way to prevent muddy paw marks? The Tornado Mop!
Known as America’s bestselling mop, the Libman Tornado Mop‘s larger mop head covers 50% more surface area. Which makes it a MUST for cleaning up after Loki!
After a good walk or play session in the backyard, Loki likes to run around the house, leaving a trail of muddy paw prints behind him. Now, thanks to the Tornado Mop, cleaning up after Loki is a breeze. Pair your Tornado Mop with a bucket of water, and BOOM! goodbye muddy paw tracks!
Soak your Tornado Mop in water before twisting. Pull the wringer grip back over the ratchet, up toward the handle grip. Next twist the wringer grip to your left to wring the water out. And just like, no more muddy paw prints!
Calling all fellow dog parents, do you have any spring cleaning tips for dogs owners? Leave your tips in the comments below!