Happy Monday! As some of you may already know, for the past few years I’ve been on a mission to live a healthier lifestyle. I decreased my fast food intake, I starting doing yoga (yoga is the BEST), I joined a gym and I’ve been finding lots of fun new ways to stay active. When it comes to staying active, I think I’ve finally found a routine that works best with my busy schedule.
For now, my workout routine consists of daily (or every other day) jogging (or biking now that the weather is so nice), weekly yoga classes and weekend visits to the gym! If I’ve learned anything over these past few years it’s that getting healthy starts with YOU. If you want to change, than YOU have to make an effort! Sure it’s not always easy, but trust me, it’s worth it!
Here are my five simple tips for maintaining a healthier lifestyle:
1) Think Positive. Not exactly what you expected, huh? Like I said earlier, getting healthier starts with YOU! Positivity, in my opinion, is KEY when it comes to maintaining a healthier lifestyle. If you think you can, then more likely than not, you will be able to!
2) Exercise Daily. I think the reason a lot of people dread exercise is because they think exercising has to be an intense workout session at the gym. Oddly enough, some of the best exercise you can get is from doing simple everyday tasks. Simple exercises can include walking the dog, walking to the train, taking a stroll around your neighborhood, heck, even walking around your house while you’re tidying up counts!
3) Make it Fun! Exercise should never feel like a chore. One of my favorite ways to incorporate more exercise into my life is by playing my Wii U! I love games like Wii Fit and Just Dance. They’re so much fun, I sometimes forget I’m working out (and trust me, playing eight straight songs on Just Dance IS a workout!)
4) Get a GOOD Night’s Sleep. Getting a good nights sleep is SO important. I admit that sometimes I forget the importance of this tip myself (hey, sometimes meeting multiple deadlines means staying up all night and working straight through the morning!).
5) Moderation is Key. For years I used to think “there’s no way I can stop eating so many yummy sweets.” Then one day I said “maybe I do have the willpower to limit myself to one treat a day.” Then one treat a day turned into one treat a week and then one treat every other week. Now, I hardly ever crave sweets (which is crazy since I used to have the biggest sweet tooth!).
BUT, that doesn’t mean you have to give up everything. In fact, one of my favorite guilty free indulges is Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold!
Michelob ULTRA’s new sustainably sourced beer, Pure Gold, was born with a commitment to innovate using ingredients and inspiration from nature. Made with organic grains and with sustainable packaging in partnership with the Sustainable Forestry Initiative, its inspired by nature and best enjoyed in nature.
Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold is a light lager with a superior, golden taste. With only 2.5 carbs and 85 calories, Pure Gold is triple filtered and brewed free of artificial colors and flavors.
Something that I really love about Michelob ULTRA is their belief that your health and happiness should not be at odds with one another. They don’t believe in dieting. They believe in thriving on a steady diet of friends, fitness, and occasionally laughing a little too hard!
I love that I’m able to enjoy a Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold without feeling guilty (since it’s only 85 calories!). I can maintain my active lifestyle and still indulge a little too.
This post is sponsored by Michelob ULTRA but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.