Happy Monday and welcome to the latest installment of my 12 Months of Happiness series! This summer has been really awesome so far. We had a few super hot days here in Chicago but the last few days have been in the 70s/80s so I definitely can’t complain. And since July is finally coming to an end, that means my Disney World + Disney Cruise countdown can officially begin!
In just six days I’ll be back at home in Walt Disney World. (I can’t wait to explore Toy Story Land!). And in just 11 days I’ll be back on the Disney Dream for another incredible Disney Cruise. I CAN’T WAIT!!
Here are some of the things that made July an amazing month! (Don’t forget to comment down below how your July went and what things made you smile this month! I LOVE hearing from you guys about what makes you happy).
The Science Behind Pixar exhibit at The Museum of Science and Industry…Made Me HAPPY. This month I finally got to check out the new Pixar exhibit at The Museum of Science and Industry. The wonderful thing about this exhibit is that it breaks down the science that goes into making a pixar film in a fun and captivating way. Even if you aren’t into science, or filmmaking, this exhibit does a wonderful job of showing exactly what it takes to make a Pixar film come to life.
You can check out my full recap of the exhibit HERE.
The Taste of Chicago…Made Me HAPPY. Attending the Taste of Chicago is one of my favorite summer traditions. In fact, I’ve attended the Taste every year since I moved to Chicago (when I was three). This year marked my 23rd Taste!
Broadway…Made Me HAPPY. This month I got to see two equally amazing Broadway shows: Waitress and The Color Purple. Speaking of Waitress, did you guys hear that Nicolette Robinson will be joining the cast? How awesome is it that Jenna will be portrayed by a WOC? Hooray for equal opportunities!
Side note: If you’re a big Broadway lover like me, make sure to check out THIS post. I recently shared a fun and simple way to organize your playbill collection.
Here’s a few other things that made me happy in July:
- I bought tickets to see Disney in Concert: Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas (the concert is ON Halloween and I can’t wait!).
- I struck vintage Disney gold at Goodwill early this month.
- Loki recently switched vets and he LOVES his new vet!
- I partnered with some awesome brands + companies this month.
- I started planning my next international trip (can’t wait to share more details with you all soon!).
- My Pinterest has been driving crazy new traffic to the blog! I’m telling you, focusing on Pinterest more has done wonders for this blog.
I can’t believe it’s almost August?! What made you happy in July?
Make sure to check out the entire 12 Months Of Happiness series HERE!