Have you ever written a love letter before? (Who am I kidding, it’s 2018, no one writes letters anymore). There’s just something so lovely about writing down your feelings and sharing those words with someone, or something, that you love. If someone were to ask me “Who was your first love?”. I’d easily answer “Chicago!”.
I’ve lived in Chicago for 23 years now (since I was three) and I find myself falling in love with this city more and more each day!
Here’s some of my favorite things about Chicago:
- Theatre Lovers Are Welcome. Chicago is home to countless Broadway shows, musicals, plays, concerts and of course, our awesome improv and comedy scene!
- Deep Dish Pizza. Need I say more?
- Location, Location, Location! (If you’re a TRUE Gilmore Girls fan, and immediately thought of Babette when you read that then congrats, we are now best friends!). Unlike places like NYC or LA, Chicago is perfectly located for quick flights around the country. (And flights are reasonably priced at that!).
- Midwestern Charm. Even though Chicago is a big city, the folks are friendly (unlike other big cities, cough cough, looking at you New York) and display that good ole midwestern politeness.
- That Skyline Though. Chicago’s architecture is second to none in my opinion! Speaking of architecture, I recently found this awesome deal on Groupon for a 75 minute Chicago architecture tour for only $45 (22% off!). The Groupon offer is good until October so I’m thinking of taking the tour in September when the weather cools down.
- So Fresh and So Clean. Since we have alleys here in Chicago, there’s no garbage is left on the street like other cities. (Chicago is just a super clean city in general!).
Honestly I could go on and on about my love for Chicago but I’ll leave you all with this. Chicago, thanks for spoiling me and being the best hometown I could have ever asked for! And even though I’ll be leaving you soon for Disney World and my Disney Cruise, I know you’ll be there to welcome be back when I get home.