Happy National Waffle Day! Yup, according to my planner today, August 24, is National Waffle Day. Is it just me or does it seem like every day is National ‘something’ day? Seriously, yesterday was National Sponge Cake Day and the day before was National Tooth Fairy Day. National Tooth Fairy Day?!!
Now I love a good holiday as much as the next person. (In fact, I’m “that person” who starts decorating for Christmas the day after Halloween. No shade to Thanksgiving). But even I can admit that there are way to many random celebratory “days” nowadays. Ah, who am I kidding, the more there is to celebrate, the better!
Bring on all the weird holidays!
(Side note: Since today IS National Waffle Day, make sure to check out THIS POST featuring those delicious Cars themed waffles from Flo’s V8 Café in Disney California Adventure pictured above).
There are a ton of different websites that tell you exactly what “holiday” it is that day. So I decided to see if there was a special holiday on my birthday, well, besides my birthday. (Because of course my birthday is a national holiday… isn’t everyone’s?!). According to National Today, April 17th, aka my birthday, is Tax Day (yay me?), Haiku Poetry Day (that’s kinda cool) and National Cheeseball Day (umm..what).
Yeah… I think I’ll just stick with “It’s my birthday.” (I really wanted something cool like National Unicorn Day or National ‘the most awesome person ever was born on this day’ day.”).
While I was looking up my birthday, I ran into these other hilarious “National” days:
- Nothing Day (January 16)
- Winnie The Pooh Day (January 18)
- Work Naked Day (February 2)
- Laugh and Get Rich Day (February 8)
- Learn What Your Name Means Day (March 5)
- Make Up Your Own Holiday Day (March 26)
- Lima Bean Respect Day (April 20)
- Lost Sock Memorial Day (May 9)
- Compliment Your Mirror Day (July 3)
- Embrace Your Geekness Day (July 13)
- Eat an Extra Dessert Day (September 4)
- Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day (November 15)
- Pretend to Be a Time Traveler Day (December 8)
- International Dalek Remembrance Day (December 21)