Today, May 10th, is Simply Sinova’s SIXTH anniversary! Crazy right? To think I started this blog randomly during the spring semester of my junior year in college. I was studying (and later received my degree in) print journalism and really didn’t know what I wanted to do in life. Sure, I knew I wanted to be a writer/ have my job focus on writing to some capacity but I didn’t know much beyond that.
Since I was six years old I’ve known that I wanted to be a writer. When I was younger I wanted to be a film critic but the older I got, the more I realized I wanted to be a screenwriter. Throughout the years I’ve wanted to write for a newspaper, have my own weekly column in a magazine, publish children’s book, ect. If it had to do with writing, it was on my radar.
It was in college where I discovered my love for social media marketing and freelance writing/blogging. I had several social media marketing internships throughout college and I loved them so much! In fact, my first job post college was as a Social Media Manager for a jewelry company based in Chicago. This little blog has taken me so far and opened the door for so many opportunities and incredible experiences.
Now just six years later, I am working full-time in my desired field (Social Media Marketing and Communications), working part-time as a freelance writer and still blogging! My six year old self couldn’t be any happier!
(Follow your dreams peps, they might just come true!).
To celebrate SIX years of blogging, I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite blog posts from 2013-2019 (by year of course).
- My FIRST blog post
- My first Vinyl Hunt
- “Vintage” Game of Thrones
- Seeing Lana Del Ray at the House of Blues
- Opening my first ever Funko Mystery Mini
- Hosting my first Giveaway (which of course was Wes Anderson themed)
- Getting to tour Seventeen Magazine Headquarters
- The debut of Monday’s Music
- My first sponsored post
- Moving Simply Sinova from Tumblr (where I started the blog) to Blogger (I’m now on WordPress)
- Starting the #100HappyDays Challenge
- When Buzzfeed showed me major love
- Covering the iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party
- Being invited to my first movie screening
- Covering NYCC for the first time
- Attending a live taping of SNL
- Disneyland’s 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration
- Adopting Loki
- Attending Lollapalooza for the first time
- The debut of my 12 Months of Happiness Series
- Covering C2E2 for the first time
- My first time visiting Disneyland Paris
- Getting to work with Carnival Cruise Line
- Attending the first ever Epcot International Festival of the Arts
- Visiting the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Seeing the cutest Disney themed window display
- Going on my first Disney Cruise
- Exploring The Jim Henson Exhibition at the Museum of the Moving Image
- Visiting Toronto
It was SO fun taking a little trip down memory lane while I was picking out some of my favorer posts from throughout the years, Here’s too many more years of blogging!