Happy Monday. Long time no see (again). I think it goes without saying that this past month has been hectic for pretty much everyone honestly. It’s crazy to think that last month I was living it up at Disney World without a care in the world. And now here am I on week three of social distancing/staying home.
Like most places my state, Illinois, has a “stay a home” order in place. (Which I’m thankful for). And although this order only took effect last week, my job was a little ahead of the curve when it came to working remotely. I officially starting working from home Thursday March 12. So this week will mark three weeks of remote working.
With everything going on, it’s so important now more than ever to focus on all those little happy moments!
And trust me, it’s easy right now to focus on the negative. I have a trip to NYC planned for May and a cruise coming up soon, both of which is 90% not going to happen anymore. The trip to NYC in May was a late birthday (my birthday is in April) gift to myself. I planned on seeing five Broadway shows while in NYC. And as for the cruise, I still don’t know what’s going on there.
But at the end of the day, I still have my good health and that’s all I’m worrying about right now. Trips can always be rescheduled, no big deal.
Here are some of the things that made March a tolerable month: (Don’t forget to comment down below how your March went and what things made you smile this month! I LOVE hearing from you guys about what makes you happy!)
Unlike most 12 Months of Happiness posts, I won’t be posting photos to correlate with what made me happy. Instead, I’ll just list a few things that have been keeping me sane.
- Being Employed. First and foremost, the number one thing that made me happy this month is the fact that I still have a job. So many people have lost their jobs recently and its heartbreaking. I am so blessed that my job (my regular 9-5 job as well as this blog + my freelance writing gig) is one that can be done remotely. I’m not going to lie, it’s been a little rough working from home but hey, things could be much worst.
- Animal Crossing. I plan on doing an entire blog post later this week dedicated to one of the biggest things keeping my sane during this pandemic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons! I’ve been playing Animal Crossing since its 2001 debut. It’s one of my favorite games (next to the Sims) and the release of New Horizons couldn’t have been at a more perfect time.
- My family. I don’t know what I’d do without my family. We are all taking this social distancing thing super serious and although we haven’t all been together in person in weeks, I FaceTime with my sisters DAILY!
- Binge-Watching. Since I’ve been home 24/7 for the past two and half weeks, I’ve had a lot of free time to catch up on a lot of great shows and movies. At the moment my favorite streaming services are HBO Go, Hulu, Disney+ and, of course, Netflix.
- Spring. It’s officially spring aka my birthday season.
- Pinterest. I love scrolling through Pinterest and looking for fun new recipes (I have all the time in the world to cook now), home decor inspiration and of course cute animal photos.
Lastly, I just want to give a quick shoutout to all the doctors, nurses and hospital staffs out there! You all are amazing. I have nothing but the upmost respect for each and every one of you.
I can’t believe it’s almost April! What made you happy in March?
Make sure to check out the entire 12 Months Of Happiness series HERE!