*Special thanks to Target for sponsoring today’s post! As always, all opinions are my own*It’s July, which means summer is drawing to an end and back to school time is quickly approaching! Although I graduated in 2014 (I can’t believe it’s been a year already) two of my best friends are still in college and I know a lot of you, my lovely readers, are undergrads too! I’m excited to announce that for the next two months I’ll be teaming up with Target Back to College to create the ultimate back to college survival guide! From must-haves to supplies to dorm decor, Target was definitely my one stop shop during my college years (who am I kidding, Target is my one stop shop for EVERYTHING!) Since one of our close family friends is entering her first semester of college this fall (and I LOVE making little gift baskets,) I decided to put together the ultimate college survival guide:
– Desk Lamp. During my four years of college I lived in dorms, off campus apartments AND on campus apartments and they all had one thing in common: poor lighting! I don’t know about you, but it’s super hard for me to get anything done in the dark. Trust me, your desk lamp will quickly become your college BFF!
– Planner. College is all about organization and there’s no better way to stay organized than with a planner (bonus points if it’s able to comfortably fit in your purse!)
– Sharpie’s. Again, organization is key in college! Stay on top of your classes with the help of color-coordinated notes.
– A folder. Where else are you going to keep all those syllabuses?
– A First Aid Kit. Better safe than sorry! I can’t tell you how many times I wished I’d had a bandaid handy while I was in college.
– Razors, Soap and a Bath Sponge. Need I say more?
– Shower Caddy. Make that walk from your dorm to the communal showers easier with a trusty shower caddy!
– Snacks! Whenever I got a little homesick or felt stressed while I was away at college, I always turned to my favorite snack to comfort me.
– A Target Gift Card. With a Target Gift Card you can stock up on cute decor, school supplies and even groceries (it’s basically a life saver!)
What’s in your college survival kit?