*This post was sponsored by Nature Made® as a part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. As always, all opinions are my own* I don’t know about you, but I’ve never considered myself to be a “morning person” (what can I say, I LOVE sleep), or at least I didn’t use to! I remember how hard it was for me to wake up for my 8am classes back when I was in college (thank god that’s OVER!) I used to set my alarm for 6am just so I could make sure I woke up in time (the snooze button used to be my best friend!) Now that I’m older (and working), I’ve definitely learned the importance of not only waking up on time but waking up with a good attitude (I guess it’s easier to wake up when you’re getting paid, I am right?)! Here are some of my tips for the starting the day off right:
1) Pump Up The Jams! I always make sure to start my day with a little music (I actually have a “Waking Up” playlist on my phone!) I love playing my records while I get ready in the morning.
2) Good Food equals Good Morning!
It’s so important to have a balanced breakfast (especially when your lunch hour isn’t until after noon!) And when you can’t have a balanced breakfast (aka on those days when you’re running a little late), Cinnabon is always a great choice. My point is, it’s better to NOT start the day off on an empty stomach.
3) Snooze IS NOT Your Friend. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve almost been late because I hit “off” thinking it was snooze! Trust me, skip the snooze!
4) Skip the Stress When You Get Dressed. I’ve learned that (for me personally) it’s much better to pick out my clothes the night before. It saves so much time (especially when you wake up late!)
5) Resist Social Media!
Be honest, the first thing you do when you wake up is check your phone (or computer), right? It’s easy to get caught up in tweets, texts and emails. It’s important to not be so wrapped up in your phone that you waste valuable “getting ready” time!
6) If You Want To Be Happy, BE HAPPY! Every new day is like a fresh start. It doesn’t matter what happened yesterday or what you’re worried about happening today, if you start off each day on a positive note, you’re more likely to have a good day.
7) Don’t Forget the Vitamins. If you’re a long time reader than you already know about my mission to live a healthier lifestyle. Along with eating right and being more active (yoga is my EVERYTHING), this year I decided to take things a step further and start taking vitamins (again).
I’ve been taking Nature Made adult gummies for about three months now and I can honestly admit that I wish I’d starting using them years ago (better late than never, am I right?). Last weekend I sort of freaked out because I noticed I was running low on my gummies, so I made an impromptu Walmart trip to restock my supply. I love shopping at Walmart for my Nature Made vitamins because thanks to their everyday low prices, there’s no need to wait for a sale (you all know how frugal I am!).
For inspiration and information to further your health goals and to get a sneak peek at what other Nature Made fans are doing to stay healthy, make sure to sign up for the Nature Made Daily Boost program!
Exciting news: I-C is hosting a contest and YOU could win one of 20 $50 Walmart gift cards (that’s a whole lot of Nature Made!). The contest opens on 4/4/16 and closes 4/26/16. Nature
Made Wellness 6
*I-C will randomly select 20 winners from all program entries and will handle fulfillment of the winning prizes.*