Hey y’all! Happy Wednesday. You didn’t think I was going to forget to post in July now did you? I told you guys my goal was to post at least once a month and that’s exactly what I intend to do. I originally had another post planned for this month but then I was randomly checking Pinterest and thought this would be a fun type of post to do. I feel like bloggers, or content creators in general, don’t talk about the benefits of Pinterest enough.
Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Tiktok are great ways to boast your online presence but let’s NOT sleep on Pinterest! Pinterest is a great, and EASY, way to get more traffic to your blog!
(This has absolutely nothing to do with this post but I just caught up on this season of Westworld and BOY is this season excellent! It is easily one of the best shows on TV right now. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming).
Here’s my top 10 Pinterest posts for this month (June-July):
1. Christmastime is Here // Michaels Christmas Collection. This is one of my top posts when it comes to Pinterest. I get about 1,000 “clicks” to my blog each day directly from several pins linked to this post. I honestly don’t know why it’s so popular. I mean sure, who doesn’t love Christmas, but this was just a random post I did sharing photos of the Christmas stuff my local Micheals was selling. The photos from this post are so popular I’ve even seen other bloggers & large IG accounts “steal” photos from this post and repost them as their own. (Hey look ma I made it!). One big Christmas IG account did end up finally giving me crediting for my photos, but I digress.
2. Bits and Pieces: Walt Disney World During Wintertime. I remember back when these donut Mickey ears first came out. Oh the good ole days.
3. 2019 Disney Halloween Merchandise | Walt Disney World. I was super excited to see that one of my Halloween themed posts made it into my top Pinterest pins! Speaking of Halloween….I may or may not have a Halloween themed post coming soon. Yes I know it’s still summer, no I don’t care.
4. Trying Voodoo Doughnut at Universal CityWalk in Orlando. If you haven’t yet tried Voodoo Doughnut I HIGHLY recommend it. It’s funny because as a kid I LOVED desserts but for some reason as an adult I just don’t have much of a sweet tooth. But, I truly do enjoy grabbing a Voodoo Doughnut (or two) after a long day at Universal.
5. 48 hours in Philadelphia: What to Do, Eat and See in Philly. I was SO happy to see this post in my top Pinterest pins because I am super proud of this post.
6. Bits and Pieces: Universal’s Islands of Adventure. I might not be the biggest fan or Universal but I do miss The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!
7. Give Me ALL The Baby Yoda Merchandise. Grogu will forever be “baby Yoda” in my heart.
8. 10 Tips For Surviving Lollapalooza Weekend 2016. I was actually shocked to see this post in my top Pinterest pins this month but then I remembered that Lollapalooza IS this weekend so it makes sense. I guess people are searching for Lolla on Pinterest. I am glad people are still finding this post helpful.
9. Disney Store Haul: January 2016. This is my first post that ever went “viral” on Pinterest. This is another post where I sometimes see other bloggers/IG accounts reposting (without credit) the photos. Sadly, I can’t even find any of the socks from this post. I think the washing machine monster ate them.
10. What I’m Looking Forward To This Spring (2019). Aw, this one hit me in the feels. I miss doing my “What I’m Looking Forward To” posts. I’m definitely going to revive this series along with my “12 Months of Happiness” series soon!
I normally don’t like posting BTS stuff or analytics but for this kind of post I thought it would necessary. These are my Pinterest analytics for the past two weeks. What’s crazy is I don’t do anything “extra” for Pinterest. All I do is “pin” photos directly from my posts and then repin other pins from my Pinterest feed throughout the week. I highly recommend pinning photos from your posts directly onto Pinterest because you never know what might take off. The more organic traffic that your blog gets, the better.
And for me, Pinterest always helps add a little extra traffic to my blog each month. The moral of this posts is: don’t sleep on Pinterest!